This policy does not apply to the practices of third parties that WeSeed does not own or control, or to individuals that WeSeed does not employ or manage.
Collection of Information and Usage by WeSeed.com
Our goal in collecting personal information is to provide you with an efficient, personally tailored, and enjoyable user experience. You may at any time choose to not provide us with whatever information you choose to withhold, but in doing so, you may be unable to take full advantage of all of WeSeed’s services.
WeSeed.com collects user-submitted information such as name and email addresses to authenticate users and send notifications relating to the WeSeed.com site and service. WeSeed.com also collects other profile data including, but not limited to: personal interests, gender, age, and location in order to assist users in finding and communicating with each other.
WeSeed.com also logs non-personally-identifiable information including IP address, profile information, aggregate user data, and browser type, from users and visitors to the site. This data is used to manage the website, track usage, and improve the website services. This non-personally-identifiable information may be shared with third-parties to provide more relevant services and advertisements to members. User IP addresses are recorded for security and monitoring purposes.
WeSeed may also add on any page display various metrics such as number of products rated, number of companies tracked, number of times you have received or given feedback, or other related metrics. This includes member profile pages, logged-in homepages, and other such lists.
User Profile information including members' pictures and profile names are displayed in order to facilitate user interaction in the WeSeed.com social networking community. With few exceptions, a user's email address is not shared or displayed to people within a user's personal network. Users within a personal network communicate on WeSeed.com with each other through the WeSeed.com service, without disclosing their email addresses. Users' full names are never directly revealed to other members, unless you so chose as your user name. We may also use a user's email address to send updates, alerts, newsletters, or news regarding the service. Users may choose not to receive email of this type by changing their "notification" setting in their Profile Settings.
Occasionally, WeSeed.com or a partner may sponsor a promotion, sweepstake, or contest on WeSeed. Users may be asked to provide personal information including name, email address, or home address, or to answer questions in order to participate. We may transfer personal information to certain ad partners from whom you have explicitly requested to receive information. It will be clear at the point of collection who is collecting the personal information and whose privacy statement will apply.
Social sharing of data
* WeSeed allows other users to view companies you track, your comments, product and company ratings, photos and/or videos you upload, blogs you post, and any other material you make publicly available on the site.
* Profile information: WeSeed allows other users to browse your user name and any other profile details, should you provide this optional information.
* API: WeSeed will provide third parties access to all WeSeed data that is already publicly available through WeSeed.com. WeSeed will forever keep private passwords, settings and other personally identifiable information.
What About Cookies?
Sharing of Information Received
Information about our users is an essential part of our business model. We neither rent nor sell your personal information to anyone. We share your personal information only as described below.
* Business Transfers:
We may, at times, choose to buy or sell assets. In these transactions, user information is typically one of the business assets that is transferred. Moreover, if WeSeed.com, or substantially all of its assets, were acquired, user information would be one of the assets transferred.
* Protection of WeSeed.com and Others:
We may release personal information when we believe in good faith that release is necessary to comply with that law; enforce or apply our conditions of use and other agreements; or protect the rights, property or safety of WeSeed, our employees, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
* With Your Consent:
Except as set forth above, you will be notified when your personal information may be shared with third parties or used for a purpose incompatible with the purpose(s) for which it was originally collected, and you will be able to prevent the sharing of this information by opting out.
* Your WeSeed account information is protected by a password for your privacy and security. You have the responsibility of protecting against unauthorized access to your password and your computer.
* Only employees who require personal information to perform a specific function (for example, a customer service representative or technician) are granted access to it. All employees are regularly apprised of our privacy and security practices.
* Please note we cannot guarantee the security of member account information. Unauthorized entry or use, hardware or software failure, and other factors may compromise the security of member information at any time.
Accessing and Altering Personal information
You can access your personal information on our web site and correct, amend, or delete information that is inaccurate.
* As stated previously, you may opt not to disclose information, but as a result, you may be unable to use certain features on our web site.
* The "help" portion of the toolbar on a majority of browsers will instruct you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to command the browser to notify you when a new cookie has been received, or how to fully disable cookies. Please note, however, that disabling cookies may prevent you from utilizing some site features.
Conditions of Use